Sunday, May 14, 2006

Buy My Art

Falling out of love is painful. Particularly when you're still in love and your former partner is not. I think the only thing good about the end of a relationship (speaking from personal experience) is making art. Yes, when I am suffering from a broken heart, I find myself not sleeping and filling the endless hours making collages and taking photographs. Which may be why the majority of my collages were all made in late 2002 and my Self-Centered series in 1999. Now everything in my life is in flux and I find myself feeling sad and nostalgic...and on an art bender. I'm in love with Boston and I am leaving her.

Lately, a number of people have asked me about buying my art. If you haven't seen my art, check out my portfolio here. I generally sell my large format collages (32" by 36") for $1000, my smaller format collages (20" by 15") for $250, and my prints (both Girls on Film and Self-Centered) for $100 a print.

As my sister Suzanne says, "It's a bargain at twice the price!"

So, if you really want to support me, buy my art, dammit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie,

Just curious, but what size are the photo prints?

Fen

Julie said...

The Girls on Film prints are 8 by 10. The Self Centered prints are 5 by 5 (though I can print up to a 8 by 8 if requested)