Saturday, June 27, 2009

Stream of Consciousness While I can't Sleep

I have stopped sleeping. On some level this fact should concern me more than it does. Perhaps it's because I keep functioning like a normal person. I still go to the office to copy edit and write about silent women film pioneers. I am still actively in pre-production on LOOP PLANES (we're even going on a tech scout at our amusement park on Sunday--woo hoo!!!). I am making more collages than I have in years. Museum are interested in my work. I am actually writing on my blog! It sort of feels like my life is normal, except I have 20 hours a day to work instead of 16. I know this will catch up to me, but I keep thinking it would be nice if this was always how my life would be...only needing 4 hours of sleep. So today I came home from the office at 10pm (I went in at 10am) and instead of trying to sleep, I went to the laundromat and washed all my clothes and towels and sheets. By the time I got home it was 1 am. And now it's 5:30 and I've been going ever since. But the only thing I seem to be unable to do in this burst of activity is work on scripts. I really don't feel like script writing, but I feel like I need to write one more while I am at Columbia, but unless I sit down every day and start writing, it's never going to get done! I also want to direct one film next spring if I can get the money together, but that script too needs to get finished! Maybe if I spent more time writing and less time painting my nails that would help. I've been painting my nails red for the last 5 months. The last polish was sort of funky and when I took it off, it has discolored my nails. Not red, but this sickly yellow. So what do I do? I guess I have to keep painting them because my real nails look scary!

Maybe I should try sleeping again...

1 comment:

Soozcat said...

Tell you what, if you get some sleep tonight I'll write you a screenplay. Even Edison couldn't go for long swaths of time without sleep, kiddo.