Thursday, April 27, 2006

Quizas (Perhaps) and School costs...



See? Why does graduate school have to be so expensive? Soon I am going to add a bar that states how close I am to reaching the $40,000 mark. $40,000 is merely the amount of tuition. I am dealing with the rest on my own...

At the moment I'm listening to Nat "King" Cole's version of "Quizas, Quizas, Quizas." I first heard this version when I saw the film In the Mood for Love by Wong Kar-wai, a film I find utterly romantic and intoxicating. I originally saw the film in a theatre in Harvard Square with a dear friend who, at the time, was suffering from a broken heart and the song (and film) utterly summed up her heartache, her sense of loss and the uncertainty of all relationships.

Now I find I am listening to the song because I'm making a friend a collection of Quizas (Perhaps) Songs.

Mix tapes are so satisfying.

No comments: